A resume is the first impression that you are going to make on your employer. It is a reflection of your personality, achievements and qualifications. In short, it shows why you are eligible and suitable for the particular job. Hence, it is imperative that you should have the best resume. Moreover, your resume should stand out as unique from the pile of other resumes. We are going to help you by giving some guidelines about how to write that best resume and refer some best resume example .
Here are some dos and don’ts you need to keep in mind while writing your resume:
- Do write your resume in a succinct manner, without giving out vague details.
- Don’t write big paragraphs, instead write in bullets.
- Do give more importance to your key strengths in the resume.
- Don’t write your personal details at the beginning as far as possible.
- Do write the objective in 1 or 2 lines, focusing mainly on what you can offer the organization.
- Don’t be ambiguous in the objective, explain in clear and simple words how you can contribute towards the growth of the organization.
- Do use lucid and comprehensible language throughout the resume. You do not need to use some fancy words or phrases to impress the reader.
- Don’t keep on repeating the information just for the sake of making the resume bigger. A resume is best served short.
- Do keep different resume templates for applying to different kinds of job and customize it for each application.
- Don’t use the same objective for every application as this is the first thing that any employer is going to read. You need to make him feel that you specifically have written the resume for that very job application.
- Do try to develop your own style of writing a resume. Don’t stick to the age old conventions in this fast changing world.
- Don’t go beyond 2-3 pages even if you have 2 or more degrees and some work experience.
If you keep in mind the above dos and don'ts while writing a resume , you will surely succeed in drafting the best resume for yourself . Know the 5 must-haves for a resume that will get you an interview .